Tuesday, October 23, 2007

R.I.P. Harold Von Pelt

Harry the Wonder Dog died today. Very sad day for our family. A pet is family. Especially one that has been around for 17+ years. Family joke is, he was my replacement when I moved out of my parents house and got married! But he had a stroke over the weekend and just couldn't do it another day.

I dread the day one of ours goes. I remember when Harry's predecessor died, when I was a teenager. Too sad. There will be quite a hole in our family when one of ours goes. You may wonder what the heck is with "Harold Von Pelt". I have to give all my pets a full name. As I said they are part of the family...for those of you who don't know the furry kids' real names...they are...Ariella Pasquatina, Lucky Pasquale and Smudge Patrick. Shut up...they are mine and I name them what I want ok? OK.

The big kids took it hard. It's the first time they lost a pet,even though it technically wasn't theirs. It was the first dog they had since he came way before Ariel. He did tricks, jumped through hula hoops, ate spaghetti, attacked mylar balloons and was the best friend Ariel ever had. They loved eachother and I am sad to think of what she will do when my parents come to visit and Harry is not there. I know she will probably run to the back door and wait for him to run in the front door out the back door to patrol the yard together.

When these guys all go I know I won't get anymore. Too much work, hair and mess, and too much pain when they go.

Of course as usual Shorty teaches us what we should know. I told him Harry died today. He asked why. I told him he was old and sick. He asked if Nana and Poppy were sad. I told him yes. He said well when I go to heaven when I am old I will bring him a bone. And off he went back to what he was doing. Matter of fact. At least he made me laugh.

Thats it for now. I am going to give Harry a bone and a mylar balloon to attack when I see him again.

PS to Spanky..leave my grammar alone and dont read my blog. You are a porcupine. :)~~~~

No comments: