Sunday, December 23, 2007

Christmas Eve, eve

Well it's all done. Well actually just a few more odds and ends to wrap. Whew. But I must say I am not crazed this year. I think having had time now during the weekdays to get things done has helped tremendously. But I did things differently. Smaller get-togethers, wrote a few cards a day, wrapped a few things a day. Decorated over the course of two weeks instead of instant Christmas the day after Thanksgiving. I don't feel overwhelmed which of course in itself gives me stress, since I am thinking that I forgot something thats why I am not stressed. I focused on whats important this year and it made all the difference in the world. Took the kids to the city to see the tree, baked cookies, lit the Advent candle with Mikey and made a paper chain for the tree everyday (almost...) where he wrote with things he did that were extra good or he was grateful for. And of course we will have the Happy Birthday Jesus cake on Christmas Day. So all in all it was a fun ride. I am still standing. So that's good.

Looking back, I can say 2007 was pretty great. I have my family safe and secure, happy and healthy. I have more friends than I know what to do with...lucky me, who make me laugh, make me happy, lift me up, hold my hand, celebrate what's wonderful in my life, make my house a home and add such joy to my life I could go on and on. I am lucky I know it. I am grateful for all the little things too. I have learned to stop and smell the roses...although it may seem I am on overdrive and I probably am most days...but I do take notice of all the big and little blessings in my life. I dont make New Years resolutions. I will try new ways of doing things to make life a little easier and less hectic. Some will work, some won't. But that's ok. God knows I keep trying.
Bye 2007.
2008? Let's see what ya got....

No comments: