Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Know what's good?


Now don't get me wrong..I love diamonds, convertible BMW's, and pedicures as much as the next gal.


But what's really good? Being at the town beach at sunset, a stone's throw from my house, hearing a (quite large) bunch of kids playing football on the sand, swimming in the bay and making sand creations, while me and my girls (most of them anyway) sit on a beach blanket talking about chick flicks, songs that make us cry and hair color. And in the background the laughter of some of my favorite dads as they talk guy talk. Just being. Being a relaxed mom, caring friend, loving wife and all at the same time even!

Peaceful. Content. That's what's good. And I know someday I will miss this. But for now it's good.
This one's for you girls.....

No comments: