Saturday, September 29, 2007

Autumn Days...

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out and proclaiming, "WOW! What a ride!!!"~latest favorite quote

Hmmm..definitely my favorite season. While I am still very much the beach bum..I do love my beach time. Nothing's like autumn in NY.

Hauled out all the autumal decorations today. I am embarrassed to say it has grown to 10 plastic tubs. Hubby was like "are you kidding me?" today bringing them up from the basement. I can't stop buying fall stuff. I love it.

That's why I got married in October and we had the most beautiful day.

I love that quote at the top of this post. When I was a few years younger all I worried about was doing things "right". Whatever right is. I think I stopped having fun. Now at 40 I know what's important. I know how to have fun. I try and make the most of everyday. Not to say that I wake up everyday and say yippee! But I try to most days. Even if making the most of the day means cleaning out my closet, getting all my PTA crap done, making dinner and making everyone sit down and eat together or spending time with a dear friend. Which I did yesterday..isn't it amazing how with some people you can just talk and talk and not run outta things say?

So hopefully I can look back on my day and say "What a ride!" Even if the ride was nuts and running 3 kids in 3 different directions...it's all good. And lemme tell you, most days it is quite
the ride....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ten Tubs! Well, your house always looks beautiful. Fall is my favorite too. I think I may go digging out my tubs now, you've inspired me!