Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Seems like forever that I've written

Well school has begun. And how. Whew! This month has been a blur. I cannot believe how much a PTA President has to do. Never mind just committees and meetings...the mountains of mail, paperwork, organizing and mediating between 9000 different personalities is NUTS! Who would have thought that I would be the calming presence in a situation. Too funny.

I needed to breathe today. I bought some fall flowers and worked in my yard. This is the first time I have worked in my yard without interruption, without racing to get done while someone is napping or having to go back in and change into my good clothes to go run up to school etc. No noise, no chatting, not even a radio. Quiet. It was lovely. The only company I had was my three four legged children who followed me everywhere. Sitting quietly by watching and snoozing.

Got back this weekend from Rocking Horse Ranch. What fun! Went with the B's and the G's (and their extended family). Havent been on a horse in about 25 years! Just like riding a bike...'cept WAY bigger! It was so great. I only stayed on the walking trail for all my rides but it was heaven. Beautiful weather, beautiful grounds. I will definitely be back.

So note to self this week....breathe. Can't believe October is upon us.

No comments: