Saturday, May 31, 2008

Probably make a better Interior Decorator


I know what my profile and my music say...Pussycat Doll and all that.

But seriously what gets me "hot" is interior decorating. Not "Dont-cha hot" mind you. But still.

I know I have a knack as some people have told me. I know I really felt it when we remodeled our old house. To have a clean slate to work with, no one but me to decide what to buy, paint etc. was heaven. I took design classes and although they were at night during the week, I had a baby and two other kids home and some nights I was tired, but when I got to class I came alive. I could not get enough of it. I wanted to start my homework the minute I got home at 9:30 p.m. But then enter life...and I stopped taking classes. Put it on the back burner. Put all my A+ projects away along with my totally cool drafting tools and case.

We moved into this house and again a clean white (literally every wall) slate, and although 2 1/2 years later it's still a work in progress because I do have grand plans for this house I daydream about all I will do. It's like an addiction.

I am thrilled to be currently getting to use my friend's house as a guinea pig. We are painting every room, shopping for new stuff...I think I have died and went to heaven! It is my new obsession...this is what I want to do. I want to have a business like that helps everyday people who don't know where to begin when it comes to decorating their house. Not people who have unlimited budgets and aren't even involved in the process. So my friend C. is letting me pick her brain, get to know what she wants from her house. What her kids like and dislike. Her husband is even being a good sport. Although he has color-phobia he is sitting back and letting us go wild. I know they will love it. Well, I hope they will love it. Maybe they will be a first in a long line of "clients"...scary to say it out loud. (or write it as the case may be). Maybe I will grow up to be an interior decorator after all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You go girl! I wish I knew what I want to be when I grow up!
You're awesome, your house is beautiful (old & new) and someday when I have two pennies to rub you're the first one I will call!