Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day

Sent all my loves off this morning...with the first little gifts of the day. Sometimes I worry that the big kids won't want to keep up traditions we have since they are getting older. But they do, at least they say they do. Not sure if it's for Shorty's benefit or mine..but either way I am always pleasantly surprised that they do.

Had some Love Day trinkets waiting for them on the breakfast table..and though they were happy to get them they were wondering if there was going to still be a scavenger hunt. I thought even Shorty wasn't much into it last year and wouldn't want to do it. The scavenger hunt you see started many moons ago....I think the first one was was back when Jr. wasn't even really speaking yet, and was dragged all over the house by you know who. But I always made up clues and hid presents around the house. They ran all over finding candy and toys. This was of course followed by "Red Dinner". Ravioli, heart shaped biscuits, Shirley Temples in fancy wine glasses, candlelight and something red for dessert (this year it's red jello creations). So now after the Kindergarten Valentines' Day party...making snowglobes with 23 five-year olds....H-E-L-P!!) I have to create the scavenger hunt. I complain...but secretly I am tickled. I guess I will have to do it until they are more interested in the their own Valentines and don't have to settle for mom. But that's ok.

My big Valentine gave me a beautiful card this morning and (no candy...weight watchers remember) tickets to a B'way play. I truly enjoy the card the most. After 23 Valentines Days together his card choices are second to none. Well, maybe except mine. ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Seriously, you scare me sometimes!
I LOVE Valentine's Day - and my Hubby wasn't even home. Trinkets, Shirley Temples, and this year we had chocolate Rice Krispie treats-cut into heart shapes, with Strawberry Ice Cream on top! LOL - are you sure we're not related? Well, maybe cosmically!