Sunday, April 5, 2009

..oh yeah the recipes...


I know I said one a week. Life takes over and you look up and time has flew by. I will give you a quick one that I made again this week since I was low carbing...

Cold Chick Pea Salad
1 can chick peas drained
1 can black olives drained and cut up
2 stalks celery diced
1/4 cup red onions sliced thin and chopped
Feta cheese as much as floats your boat (low fat if possible)
Balsamic vinegar
Oil (I like EVOO but regular olive oil or even vegetable or canola is fine)

Mix chick peas, olives, celery, onions and feta in a medium sized bowl. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and oil. Mix up. Refrigerate for at least an hour to chill.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe Cara, I've made it a few times, I have used kalamata olives in place of the black olives and it works nicely. Keep the recipes coming, I enjoy your blog, you are a wonderful story teller
thanks
Maureen (Tricia's sister)