Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Big 4-0 has come and gone

Well I must say my 40th birthday has been the best birthday that I can remember. I had a perfect day. Got up bright and early...and while in the shower was informed by Shorty that there are balloons all over the floor outside my bedroom door, decorations everywhere, and some huge sign on the front lawn..which I MUST hurry up and take him outside to see!!! So much for the initial surprise....but still a pleasant one. Indeed there were balloons everywhere...40's plastered from one end of the house to the other (even in the refrigerator) compliments of DD and friend in the middle of the night....the front of the house decorated thanks to friends who I thought left at 11pm the previous night...and yes a HUGE sign right in the middle of the front lawn announcing to the whole town that yes Cara is 40..compliments of my usually "flamingo-ing" friends. (poor guy came at 5am with his suit on before he got on the train!!!) Oh did I mention the writing all over my car whereas I could announce my birthday to the world as I tooled around town? And said writer also wrote that information on her car in case E. I. wanted to know too!

Then off to Milk and Sugar with some of my favorite gal pals. Where I got the most beautiful thoughtful presents...remind me to show them to you when you come by. I love them. And the people who gave them to me.

Then home for the day and then off to Maxwells for dinner...just me, my man and a bottle of LI Wine. What more could a girl ask for? Apparently a party tomorrow night...printable non- incriminating details (what I will be able to remember anyway) after.

So far 40 is
fabulous...I think I will be 40 again next year.

No comments: