Monday, August 13, 2007

Party's over

Block party for 115 is done. Whew. What fun..but what hard work! Thank God we have our family to help us. We would be dead without them. I think I may have killed the heel of my foot though dancing in the street with the girls in my flip flops. I literally couldn't put weight on it when I got out of bed. Thankfully it felt better after a little while...I didnt need to give everyone fodder for chit chat like after a summer party last year. Note to self: Never dance in flip flops!
Many thank yous and rave reviews have come in since...which I am grateful for. Makes it all worth it. During crunch time of the party 'bout 2 hours or so before everyone comes..I start to think..am I nuts? Why do we kill ourselves for this stuff all the time. Then I look at the pictures I took...kids swimming on an absolutely beautiful "couldnt ask for better weather" day...my inlaws and their siblings laughing at the table, my parents sitting in the shade with good old Harry the Wonder Dog who's 17th birthday was that day, my big kids with their boy/girl teenage friends awkwardly hanging out one trying to play it cool better than the other, Mikey and pals covering themselves in glow in the dark tatoos, my great neighbors who are now my friends dancing together in the street, not to mention the Three Stooges with their matching T-Shirts. Old friends meeting new friends, food, food and did I mention food? So that's why we do it. Besides the fact the Pittas love a good party...it's the memory making that's one of the best things. Establishing history with your family, friends. Like they say...priceless.

This block party...definitely one for the history books. Now, can you say birthday party???

No comments: