Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Cleaning house


Literally. Well maybe figuratively too.

But that's what I have been doing since the kids went back to school. Room by room. Finished the Diva's room today. God knows it's been worse. And you would think an almost Sweet 16 would not want her mother in her room to "Mom clean" but she does. I think it gives her order and focus. No one needs to see what was in those black bags I threw out. Thing is, no one will ever miss what was in there. I would never throw out personal stuff and I did leave a pile for them to peruse at their leisure to see what is staying or going. Except maybe not Shorty...he would save every leg of every broken guy he ever had. Funny though...everyone retired to their rooms early. Nice when you can go hide in your own space and not have to step over things.

So order is the on the menu this month. I have been in almost every day with the exception of an errand or two. I have spent almost everyday in silence. No radio or TV while I go about my mission. That wasn't even intentional. Letting whatever is in my head have it's say...and deciding whether to dwell on it or not.

Thursday is our room. I wonder if I will miss what goes in the black bags. I am sure I can fill at least one. The closet already has all the hangers hung backwards. At the end of the season I can see what I haven't worn because those hangers will still be backward. I hope then I will still be in the purging mood so I can give them away to someone who needs them.

2 comments:

Samalu's Mom said...

I am SO happy you are back on the blogging wagon - I miss your wit, wisdom and insights! Happy Cleaning.

Cara said...

thanks. I did fall off the wagon. happy New year to you!