Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Time well spent

Spent today with my "client" a.k.a. Cowgirl. Worked on more decorating of her home. Took a break from the massive purge at H.Lane to do the thing I love to do most. Decorate. This is my labor of love. Everyone is good at something. This is my something. When I can help someone figure out what they like, what their style is and watch it transform their home and transform them it makes my heart sing. They are always unsure at first. It's hard to go from a house with all white walls to color. I tell them "what goes with this" and no it doesn't "match" but it "coordinates"...I see the light bulb go on. When they realize they do have a style and they can figure out what looks good it's a revelation and my work is done.
So today definitely fits with the theme of the month. Order. It may not be order in my world but I helped bring some to my friend's.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah you! Can I be your next client? Moe specifically - can my kitchen be your next client - I am stuck on this Bippity Boppity Blue! Love the Jedi's room.
BTW - if she's the cowgirl who am I? LOL - oh boy that's a loaded question.

Cara said...

I wanted to bring the paint fan to the meeting the other night...of course I forgot. I can come by this weekend if you are around. I can't name you now..suffice it the same we have the same nickname. How 'bout Tinkerbell green in the kitchen? Just kidding..now about your blogging....