Monday, August 25, 2008

Day Five


Friday - Up and at 'em early again. So quiet here. I just set up the coffee pot and go sit outside on the deck. I will start breakfast once I hear stirring inside.

After my coffee, I am off to the beach to claim the spot. I kinda got stuck with this job but I think I am enjoying it. I mean climbing up and down those steps 6 times bringing down the chairs and umbrellas to set up reminds me how out of shape I am. But I love to be there alone for awhile. Not many people down there early..too many people in OB stay up late partying so they don't get down to the beach 'til later. Fine by me. I talk with the first lifeguard to arrive for work, since he was wondering what I did wrong to my group to get set up duty every morning. Cute one too. Kind that makes you want to throw yourself into the riptide....just kidding. I digress. A couple walking their dog who runs up to me to say hello shaking his salty wet fur at me, an older man with his trusty metal detector, a jogger or two...and the sound of the waves. Can I ask what is better than dozing to that sound? Mind you I have only gotten up an hour or so ago. I am so relaxed here I barely have a pulse. lol

Mr. & Mrs. T arrive in the late afternoon. Back to the beach again to sit for awhile. Dinner, kids painting their seashells, drinks on the deck..notice a pattern here? Walked the T's to the boat and had yet another ice cream cone run. Have I mentioned that having a mint chocolate chip chocolate sprinkled cone every night can make you a better person? It works, really it does. Bed late tonight as we had to wait for the "boys" to come home at 1 a.m. made friends with a bunch of other kids and were off doing what they do. No I don't want to know so I did not ask.

No comments: