Monday, August 25, 2008

Day Seven


Sunday -


Up and at 'em. Make coffee, set up beach, make breakfast. Pancakes, bacon and sausage for all. Gotta finish up all the food. Kids are good at helping to do that.


Down to the beach alone this morning. Imagine 14 people (we have some more teenage bodies laying around) and I am alone at the beach? Wow. Started the book I brought finally. When you are away with your best friends its hard to really read your book. Its more about talking, dozing and leafing through trashy magazines while talking. So I started my book, but then got distracted by the couple canoodling in front of me. I was wondering if they realized that they were in the middle of a public beach and families were making sand castles not more than 10 feet way? As I thought to myself someone needs to throw ice water on them...the Beach God heard me. The mother of all tides came in and drown them. Everything they had with them almost went out into the ocean. And mind you the water stopped about two feet in front of my "encampment". They were pissed and judging by the dirty look I got from her, didnt appreciate my laughing out loud. So I buried myself in my book as they moved behind me and probably make faces behind my back!

The tide continued and by 12 we had packed it in after our blanket got a soaking. Sleeping teenagers with iPods blasting in their heads did not think it was very funny either. For some reason I did again.

Grandma A and Grandpa J came with lunch after that. G'pa J even joined the I ate a Bug Club before he left.

Me and DH made dinner tonight so MC could chat with his parents. After Chicken Cutlet Parmesan, spaghetti and garlic bread....we left the mess so we could see our last sunset at the dock. Mr. Golden Sun did not disappoint. We took group pictures, oohed and aaahed then we got ice cream (duh). Then one last group dip in the hot tub, yes we allowed kids in with us tonight. And we even serenaded eachother with our new vacation song about food and other things that rhyme with baloney, affectionately now known as the Chic-Mac song. Dancer Girl added some moves we may have a top ten hit on our hands.

All in all we agreed that no one was ready to go home. We could have done ten days. This was one of our favorite trips so far.

P's and the B's FI 2008....Friends Forever....!

No comments: